Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
tanjoshty
New Contributor
New Contributor

Port in number for student $36 Sim only plan

Hello, I want to get the student $36 Sim only plan with 30GB of data under my name with my student discount code. 

I’m currently with Aldi Mobile Pre-Paid, which is under my dads name. To transfer ownership of the aldi mobile Sim, it’ll take around 7 days or so. The double data deal ends in 7 days. 

The option to port in my old number is there, stating for DOB of the person who owns the number. However, I cannot input my dads DOB, it takes my DOB from the details from above and won’t let me change it. 

Is is it possible to get the student discount code under my dads name, then transfer ownership after? 

It’ll take too Long to transfer ownership with aldi mobile, and I’ll miss the double data deal. 

What are are my options?

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Davelew
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Re: Port in number for student $36 Sim only plan

Hi

I would think your best option would be to keep your dad's ALDI going for another month and on your voice mail message tell them your new Optus number.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
tanjoshty
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Dave, so you’re suggesting I just get a new number. That would be my last resort. I would like to keep my old number as it’s been with me for a while now. 

Thanks for the suggestion. Will do that if there are no solutions. 

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@tanjoshty, is it possible for ALDImobile to expedite the process? I’m not familiar with their process however a prepaid change of ownership is usually a quick and painless, there's no need to perform a credit check.

The student discount does need to be applied at point of sale. You must provide us with a valid .Edu email address & the account must be under your name.

For more info check out - https://offer.optus.com.au/student-hub

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos