cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Port fail, can't get in contact

So I initiated a port last night.  Since after 8pm figured it will go through today.  Still has not gone through.  But I cannot contact Optus.  I have no service.  I can't use the My Optus app, because it keeps asking me to register.  I can't register, because I don't have an account??? Why is there no online chat option or an option to message without an account??? 

I am now stuck with no phone and no way to contact Optus to fix it!  Surely there should be some other way to contact you guys? Can anyone point me there??? 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Port fail, can't get in contact

Hi @Bogeyboo, thank you for reaching out to us and I'm sorry that you're having porting issues. Just to confirm did you receive and quote a pre-port verification security code via SMS? 

Your number should remain active with your existing provider until the port has been finalised.

As mentioned here, porting time-frames can vary from provider to provider. Normally, it takes between 15 minutes and 4 hours for the port to be finalised. Listed below are the typical porting time-frames and operating hours of our porting team:

• Monday to Friday (8AM – 8PM AEST)
  • Saturday (10AM–6PM AEST)

Therefore, your porting request should go through sometime today between these hours. If not, or if you would like us to look into your account, we welcome you to message us via the My Optus App or send through a Private Message via Twitter or Facebook

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks, my previous provider the credit expired last night.

I did end up sending a facebook message and have filled in a form there for it to be looked into. I should be able to borrow someones phone this afternoon to call but was hoping to get it rectified before then.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

No worries @Bogeyboo. Thank you for keeping us in the loop.

Once your account has been verified, the Social Media Team will do everything that they can to provide you with an update and ensure that your porting request gets fulfilled. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors