Searching...

Mobile

Port Mapping or Virtual Server on Huawei E3351?

jaydisc

NBN Co. have destroyed my home broadband for the foreseeable future, so I went out and bought an Optus Huawei E3351 from my post office and set it up...

However, it looks like the Virtual Server option under Security is missing. All I can do is manage the SIM PIN there. I really need to be able to have incoming traffic. Is it possible the firmware is blocking this? Is it possible to enable this feature? If not, is there another Optus USB modem that will allow me to send all incoming traffic to the device its attached to?

Re: Port Mapping or Virtual Server on Huawei E3351?

Paddylee

As you wont have a public IP but a shared one on a mobile service - having "incomming traffic" such as a vpn etc will be an issue.

You can connect outbout to VPN's etc, but having someone connect to you will eb the issue.

As far as I am aware - all Optus Mobile services receive a NAT/shared IP Address (I think some business 3g only connections are the exemption to this)

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

Marie

Hey jaydisc,

This is something we do recommend chatting with our Tech team about on 131344, as they'll be able to advise if we're able to do either option with your device.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
Eric008

Hi, 

I recommend the Huawei E3276 4G Stick, if 3G stick is enough for you, i recommend the Huawei E372 to you. 

(Links have been edited by moderators).

Vicky

@Eric008 - Apologies about the late reply. Whilst we appreciate and encourage user contribution and advice to other customers on our forum, please refrain from linking to external websites as this goes against our House Rules here. I can see that you have done this on multiple occasions and have moderated said posts. Further breaches of this will result in you being banned from our page.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
113 Kudos
110 Kudos
84 Kudos
81 Kudos
44 Kudos