Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
vmmc65
New Contributor
New Contributor

Poor mobile reception

Hi, I live in Robina Gold Coast and since I have been with Optus, the reception on my new Samsung S21 phone is terrible.  I'm lucky to get 1 or 2 bars.  On my old phone i was with Aldi Mobile and never had a problem.  Now, if i am on a call and move a centimetre the reception drops out.   How can I improve this?  Very disappointed with the Optus mobile reception and now i am stuck in a 2 year plan.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Casey_YC

Re: Poor mobile reception

Hi there @vmmc65 

Thank you for getting in touch here about your mobile network troubles. 

Like any radio-based network, coverage may vary in quality and availability. This could be because of your device, how close you are to our nearest mobile tower, or how many people are using the Network where you are.

Local conditions, including but not limited to vegetation, hills, valleys, concrete structures, high rise buildings, lifts, basements, tunnels, and the number of users on the network may all affect your coverage or impact your ability to connect to the Optus network and the speed you experience.

We suggest having a look through the steps on our Troubleshooting Mobile Internet Connectivity page, as this has some great tips on ways to improve your service. 

There are also some isolation steps to try. This can help work out where exactly the problem lies. 

We recommend trying another person's SIM in your device and your SIM in their device - to see if the coverage issues are still present. 

Performing these steps can also assist our Senior Experts, should you need to raise a fault case. 

There are also other settings we would check on your account. As we are unable to access account details via this platform, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

You can exit a Optus mobile plan anytime without penalty. You will have to pay out the remaining cost of the phone though. Its also possible the reception is due to the new phone and not Optus?

Suggest you pay out the phone and go back to Aldi Mobile. Over the next two years you'll save a considerable amount on monthly plan fees ($500+?).
0 Kudos
vmmc65
New Contributor
New Contributor

thanks for the reply.  i think doing the network reset has improved reception.  I'm still testing it.

Nard_YC

Glad to hear there's been an improvement @vmmc65.

Should you require any further assistance, be sure to reach out to our 24x7 Experts in the app as they'll be able to investigate this for you. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos