cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor Mickaaa
New Contributor

Poor Service

I have had consistent issues with my iphone for a few months now. It often fails to send messages, drops out of calls and  fails to have any reception even in clear 3G coverage marked areas. I have been through chat and IT department to try to resolve this issue. Chat assurred me my service had been fixed only to find it still suffering the same problelms. IT offered one 'might work' solution however it did not. Went to Optus store only to be put onto phone to customer care who's solutions were to try a new sim (already done) and try sim in different phone. As the problem is intermittent, second option is difficult. I have spoken to over 10 different optus personel about this issue and continue to be passed from one to the next. I suggested as Optus has failed to provide the service outlined in my contract that the contract should be terminated. I offered to return the phone. I was told I would have to pay $704 to return the phone as it is learly not in working order. I am absolutely fed up with the service and support I have been offered. What can I do??? I am stuck with a phone that does not work and wehn I try to cancel I have to pay!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Poor Service

So the phone was working fine for some time then all of sudden it started having these intermittent issues or the phone was problematic from day one? Irrespective of what the network coverage map says is the signal good from your local tower and do you have the same issues at a different location?

0 Kudos
New Contributor Mickaaa
New Contributor

The issue appears to have started all of a sudden. I have 3-4 bars of 4G service most of the time and the issue happens all over the place (up to 500km apart). 

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Well I would think its a phone issue if it's happening at all locations. Have you tried a hard reset of the device? If that does nothing I would be asking for the warranty repair process assuming its still under warranty.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Mickaaa
New Contributor

Ok thanks. I will try for that

New Contributor Mickaaa
New Contributor

Went to optus store this morning, tried sim in different phone as instructed by IT. Able to send a few messages no trouble. Was told by salesperson "we can send the phone the phone away and get it fixed but it won't fix your crappy service". Was told if I would like to cancel it would cost $704 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

If your sim works fine in another phone then that would suggest we were on the right track with your phone being faulty. Not sure what they meant about it won’t fix the crappy service.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors