Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Please do not delete my Post Optus! -Huge Bill From NZ travel data roaming

I recently went NZ and I opened up optus travel pack for 2 days for 20 dollars  . I planned to use my phone for an emergency. I was sooo shocked to find out data roaming charges with $487 dollars with 690 mbs. Optus sent me 3 msg during that time, once i received the last one i did actually turn off the data roaming and switched my phone to air mode. But another day, there were sms received saying you have spent about $72.76, 180.18 and 418.69 on usage that isn't included in your plan. I contacted Optus on 24th of Feb night, the representative Russel told me he cant see any extra usage so requested to come back once bill generated. Then i contacted Optus again with Noel, he was saying they can't do anything about this either not thinking for the customer to get rid of this bill by signing with other plan or any. I am asking Optus to review this bill again and do necessarily if anything can be better than this. 

anyone switching to optus please think twice. i switched from vodafone. Now i feel so regrettable. 

P.S i did receive only 3-4 alerts msg from Optus for monitoring the usage, however, they have all been disappeared in my Optus Alert msg box which is very tricky. I reckon Optus intentionally withdrawn those messages 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Please do not delete my Post Optus! -Huge Bill From NZ travel data roaming

I am going over seas next week should I leave my phone home I would like to use it to receive calls in an emergency If I set it for international roam does that mean I get all the calls and sms that people call me in australia If so if i leave roaming off can they call me if they use 011 852 and my number Im a bit confused  Please help me dont want to run up a big bill,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Please do not delete my Post Optus! -Huge Bill From NZ travel data roaming

Hi @slark - thanks for getting in touch with us. We can't really comment on your usage without taking a look into it first. Can you please confirm your mobile number, full name and DOB via PM so we can take a look? Also, I just want to clarify that we can't actually withdraw messages that we have sent to you. I don't think anyone can. We send out usage alerts to warn our customers and let them know where your usage is at.

Hi @rustyrusty - If you were to leave your international roaming on, you'll be charged for any calls you answer as well for calls you make. If your roaming is switched off, you won't receive any calls/SMS and you won't be able to make any calls. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos