cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
New Contributor
New Contributor

Plan requisites

I recently moved to australia and i need both a cellphone and a plan. Are there any prerequisites to purchase one? Or do i just go to the store and pay for it?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Plan requisites

Essentially you are applying for credit if you buy a phone on a plan and they will do credit checks and such to ensure you can pay it back. I'm not sure of your residency status however there may be a problem if you are not a resident of Australia. Should that not be an issue you simply need as many forms of addentification that you can muster. Go to any local store, select a phone and a plan and if approved and they have stock you should be able to walk out the door with your shiny new device.

Edit: The link below may be of some benefit as it gives you the information required for identification.

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/how-do-i-join-optus?requestType=NormalRequest&id=6551&ty...

Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Plan requisites

It might be good to just buy the phone you want. Then pick either a prepaid or postpaid (contact) SIM only deal. 

Prepaid would likely have little credit issues for obvious reasons.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos