Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
droyed
New Contributor
New Contributor

Plan change?

So, I was on a BYO SIM only plan with Optus where I paid $46.25 each month and received 80 GB data and unlimited calling and text for both my phone and watch number share. At the time of signing up, I was told that this amount would continue even after the initial term was over.

To my surprise, I received an email yesterday where my bill amount was stated as $60, even though there was no excess usage on my part.

And so, I reached out to Optus Support (message chat via phone app) that took from 10:46 pm to (its 01:13 am now)...still ongoing...
(because it took the representative on average around 10 minutes to reply to each message....the longest one being 34 minutes to reply to one message). I'm still on chat waiting for her reply...it has now been 17 minutes since her last message.

After more than 2 hours of this, what the representative told me was that I'd no longer receive the discount I was receiving. Now, I never received a text about this discount being removed. Nor did I receive any correspondence about changes to my plan. Also, this is contrary to what I was told when I signed up. Furthermore, the plan the representative suggested included a discount on a new plan, but I'd still end up paying more for less.

Is there any way we could rectify this or do I have to start shopping around for a different provider?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Kartika

Re: Plan change?

Hi @droyed, apologies in regards to your experience via our messaging service. We can definitely look into the discount and the bill for you. However since this is a public forum we can`t access customers account details here. As such your best to contact us via Social media by  sending a → private message to Optus on Facebook or a → direct message on Twitter with the details for further assistance.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
droyed
New Contributor
New Contributor

@Kartika,

I have already tried to reach Optus via Facebook posts and direct messages. The story there is the SAME. I had to wait a long time to get any response. After much effort, I was told on Facebook messenger to go to a store.

I went to a store yesterday and waited for 2 hours just to be told that they couldn't serve me and that I had to come back the next day (which is today). This is ridiculous.

Do I make you wait for three days, hours wasted trying to get customer care support, and then wait in-store....just so that you can get payment from me?? No, right? Then how can you make a customer wait that long without any resolution??

I'm now going to the store (right now) in a last effort to see if this can be rectified.

If not, then I will not only cancel my service with you, but I will also lodge a complaint with Consumer Affairs.

TREAT YOUR CUSTOMERS HOW YOU WANT TO BE TREATED!

0 Kudos
Jono_YC

Hi @droyed it's certainly disappointing to hear that we've left you feeling this way. This is not the level of service which we intend to provide you with. As we're always looking to improve our service, I'll be sure to pass this onto our relevant teams to review.

As we'd require your account details, I'm afraid that we're limited in what we can assist you with via this forum. Moving forward, you'll need to message us via Facebook or Twitter for further assistance.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.