cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Contributor MarkScarfe1972
Contributor

Plan Change

After a few weeks of continual problems, Ive finally had enough and lodged my complaint with the TIO yesterday to get some resolution. I was sent a text about the "Sept Flash Sale' which was 3g for $18.75 and 15g for $30. I signed my son up for the 3g plan (more business for Optus). My wife signed up for the 15g plan. Im currently on 8g for $30 and that contract runs out on Dec 4. While the Flah Sale is an online deal and for new customers, I asked if I could get this deal with no cancellation fee as Id bought 2 new customers to Optus, I would re-contract and Ive had optus for over 20yrs. I also spend $96 on a home bundle as well. My getting this deal was agreed to after speaking to a "supervisor" and Ive had phone calls and texts to confirm the waiving of the $23 cancellation fee. Yesterday I get a call telling me that the cancellation fee was to stay on my current 8g deal and re-contract for 12 months. Why would I want to do that when I can wait 2 months and get a better deal elsewhere or with Optus? This whole process has been a disgrace and my billing period starts today and the 15g isnt on my plan. Ive lodged my TIO complaint (reference-2017/10/01114). Id love for someone in customer service/complaints to ring me to sort this out. Either way Optus will have to ring me to fix this, as per TIO rules. Its a pity it got to this stage as I had a pretty simple request agreed to by Optus on multiple occasions, but they failed to execute.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RetiredModerator Shauna
RetiredModerator

Re: Plan Change

Hey @MarkScarfe1972 - thanks for reaching out to us. 

Someone from our customer relations group will be contacting you within 10 business days to discuss, as per the TIO complaint. 

I'm pretty sure I have your account info here, however can you please send me a PM confirming? I don't want to provide any sensitive account info via this public post. 

Apologies for the experience.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Contributor MarkScarfe1972
Contributor

Ive sent you a PM. My phone rang at 5.32pm and rang once then the call ended. I then got a txt from Optus saying I missed the call and it was about the TIO complaint.

0 Kudos
Moderator Casey_

Hey Mark, I've just responded to your PM. 

0 Kudos