Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Kaz1
New Contributor
New Contributor

Pie update

Does anyone know when we will be getting the pie update for Samsung S9?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Kaz1
New Contributor
New Contributor

Pie update for Android

Hi. Does anyone know when the pie update is going to happen for Samsung S9?

0 Kudos
Jeneral__Pain
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Pie update for Android

You've posted this twice? 

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Mobile/Pie-update/m-p/529861#M63067

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
0 Kudos
Jeneral__Pain
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Android Pie (9.x)

Pie 9.x was only released 5 months ago, I think Optus has to test it before releasing it.

There are other consumers on the forum complaining they aren't releasing updates for Huawei Mate20 either. So I'm not sure if things have stalled due to the Christmas/New Year shutdown.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
0 Kudos
SamSam
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Pie update

Late Jan to early Feb according to this - https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Blog/Android-Software-Updates-24-01-2019/ba-p/528750

Just to add to the info above, Google released it some 5 months ago but then Samsung need to modify it themselves for their current handsets (S8, S9, S9+, Note 9, etc) + all the variants there are around the world for various countries. It's then supplied to Optus to test and goes back and forth between Optus and Samsung until any network bugs are ironed out and then released to you which is why there's a delay.

Either way, not long now!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
Dan_C
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Pie update for Android

It's not far off @Kaz1

I'll have my next device testing report in my inbox by the end of the day.

If there's been any changes to the original timeframe we've quoted, I'll have the blog updated. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
DarthM
New Contributor
New Contributor

My Samsung S9+ was update to Pie and One UI on Thursday 30th. 

Dan_C
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Great to hear @DarthM

How are you finding it? 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos