Searching...

Mobile

Hunsy24

I want to know why l can't add a phone to my plan. I dont see the problem just add a price. I really need a new phone cant afford one outright so why not just add a phone. My disability does not make it possible to afford an out right phone please l really need one. I dont understand why your being so stubborn.

Re: Phone

[ Edited ]
Ray_YC

Hi there,

This has already been answered here. There should be no problem to upgrade your phone by changing from a SIM Only plan to a Phone plan. The outright phone was a suggestion from one of our members, you do not have to purchase one outright.

We please ask that you abide our Community Guidelines and do not keep posting the same thread repeatedly.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Solution

[ Edited ]
petergdownload

Hi @Ray_YC,

Its not clear from your post whether you're suggested course of action will trip up any existing SIM only contract cancellation fee? This seems to be a very recent SIM only plan which presumably will require between $200 and $300 to cancel early and start a new  SIM / Phone plan? 

Actually looking at the latest SIM only plans there does seem to be provision for purchasing a phone on the SIM only plan direct from Optus and paying it off over 12 months: From the CIS (linked above):

Handset You need a compatible mobile handset. You can either:

• Bring your own handset. 

• Purchase a handset from Optus. You can pay for it in full on your next bill or pay it off in 12 monthly repayments

I assume there is no plan discount on the handset if done this way but it would seem to be a soultion? Its just not exactly obvious how much a phone costs outright on the Optus website? Does Optus just sell mobile phones to customers?

Peter Gillespie

Ray_YC

Hmm, missed the memo on that one. Good to see that flexibility is included now. Thanks Peter!

Phones aren't sold outright online, a customer would need to head into our of our stores.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

petergdownload

First I've seen it too. Good idea as some people prefer to by outright but still want/need a SIM only plan presumably.

Peter Gillespie

Adding a phone

Hunsy24

l want to know why l can't add amobile phone to my already plan. I can't wait for the nbn to come inside lcan get rid of optus for good.  They do not care about there sick clients and how much more stress this puts on my shoulders. Even ifwe have been optus customers for over 35 years they just don't care. Im not asking for a free phone but l'm happy with my plan just need new phone a price can be added. This company is very unsympathetic and cruel.  Can't wait to be rid of it for ever.  

add phone

Hunsy24

I want a phone added not a kidney.  I'm sick need to stay in contact  with doctors and my overseas family.  I don't want it for free l'm willing to pay.  I want this escalated please asap.  And what's with this ridiculous badge system we don't need badges we need resolutions not stickers were not children that need Tobe rewarded because we have followed optuses rules really we are adults.  So l want this escalated if you need aletter from a doctor l can provide. So please stop this badge rubbish and give us results.

Highlighted

Re: add phone

Dan_C

Morning  @Hunsy24,  just a quick heads up.

I've noticed that you've created a couple of duplicate threads. In the future, it's best to stick to the one thread.

It makes it a bit easier for the mods to keep track of the conversation. 

We'll keep the conversation here

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses to private messages will be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Re: Adding a phone

Dan_C

Hey there, I have asked nicely.

We can't have you spamming our page. A number of us have tried to help out, but we need a bit of cooperation from your end.

I'm going to delete the duplicates. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses to private messages will be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
174 Kudos
152 Kudos
118 Kudos
86 Kudos
83 Kudos