cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Phone plans

Hey, ummm so my phone plan is coming to an end on the 12 of October. I’ve had the phone for 2 years now on a leasing plan. I was wondering how much would I need to pay if I was to buy the phone outright now and start a new plan but with sim only.
Thank you
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Phone plans

Hey @monykeo00 - Great question to ask!

Depending on the phone type and model, the cost will vary. It's something you'll need to speak to our Messaging team about > https://app.optus.com.au/msg-us?tags=OCAYCMSG whom can confirm the exact cost for you. Changing over from a Lease plan and retaining the phone isn't a long process though. 

If you're based outside Victoria, our teams in store can also assist with this - Steven

0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Phone plans

Hi @monkeo00,

Commiserations on the leasing plan (you've saved $240 along the way but instead of having the phone to keep for free at the end Optus will charge you much more than that to keep it.

The good news is if you want to buy it then there's no need to get it inspected. Just contact Optus directly (store, message, twitter, facebook) and tell them the model. There's a set list and you'll get a figure (usually around the same amount as if you type "buy [model] refurbished ebay" into Google.

As a suggestion, Most post paid plans are now very pricy (Optus plans now will cost $20-$30 more than when you last signed up. If you need more than 40Gb a month then they're still the best option. However if you only need around 10Gb or 20Gb then there are much better value 1 year prepaid plans now available (for example 20Gb with unlimited calls costs about $25 a month).

A year on one of those plans will probably come close to saving you the money that got spent on the leasing plan.
Top Contributors