Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
New Contributor Malia95
New Contributor

Phone number

Hi,

I lost my iPhone which had my optus sim card in it a while ago and I bought a new phone with Vodafone but now I would like to come back to Optus.

I was wondering if there any way I could get my old number back? When I call the number, it says that it is not accepting incoming calls so I'm just assuming I could get it back. I've tried replacing the sim online but that's no help as I didn't link the number to an account.

I really don't want a new number as its still connected to some of my online accounts that I've recently recovered and can only get into a couple of them when a message is sent to my old optus number.

Please help!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Re: Phone number

Hi

Unless it was within the last 6 months since your Optus SIM service was renewed I would think it extremel unlikely.

The only thing you can do is to contact Optus by phone or online chat.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Moderator Casey_

Hey @Malia95, if you haven't recharged the service in over 6 months then the number would have expired. Happy to check on the status for you if you can send us a PM with the mobile number, your full name and DOB? 

0 Kudos
New Contributor Malia95
New Contributor

Hi, will message you soon.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

We've just replied back to your PM @Malia95, we'll chat there. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos