cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Phone number split issue

I have been having trouble with my Optus postpaid service since signing up on 29/09/17. I ported my number across form Telstra to Optus. Since porting across I ahe not been able to get calls or messages from Vodafone and Telstra customers.  I contacted Optus Technical Support who after multiple attempts to resolve the issue and stating the issue was fixed (when it wasn't) finally advised my number had been split up between Telstra and Optus. So my number was active on both Optus and Telstra sim cards.

I was told to do a port reversal form, which I completed at an Optus store on 6/11/17 and was subsequently emailed to the porting team. My Optus sim card was working until 13/11/17 and I was in contact with Optus Technical Support until 10/11/17, who advised they would fix the issue.

Since my sim card stopped working, Optus are now telling me that I had ported my number out on 5/10/17 when I clearly hadn't as my Optus sim card was working until 13/11/17 and they want to charge me $144 early termination fee. Now my issue is that I had originally signed up to a 12 month $40/mth contract with a 25% discount and Optus sport included, so all up it was $30/mth. I have been told if I want to rejoin Optus they aren't able to give me any discounts and will be charged $40/mth. 

I believe this is Optus' fault to begin with and I had not authorised any porting since signing the Optus contract. All I want is to continue on my original Optus contract with a fully functional number. However, if Optus is not able to do this then they should release me from the contract with no termination fees. Should I be making a complaint to the TIO?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Phone number split issue

If you didn't authorise to port away from Optus, then Optus should be able to reverse it. They can't stop a port from going through if the provider you're moving to has all the correct details because that's the way the process was set up but there's plenty of people out their trying to steal your private info so they've got a reversal process available to.

The reversal, as far as I'm aware, should bring you back on the plan you were on (discounts included) prior to the port occuring. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks for your reply.

I have completed a Customer Reversal Authorisation form at an Optus store already and stated that the port out was unauthorised. However the Optus store has called me saying that Optus can't or are unwilling to let me continue with my original contract. If I port back to Optus I will be charged normal monthly rates. It seems like I've been given the run around as Optus stuffed up my original porting. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey @J_ack, first off I apologise for the issues you've had since joining us. It doesn't sound like we've made the transition across to Optus easy. Our sales team only has access to current in market offers. If you're attempting to go through sales and have them organise the exact same contract, it's not something they'd have access to. All legacy offers are removed from our front line sales system as soon as the promotional period comes to an end. In saying that, we can definitely help out from our end.

What we'll need to do is set you up on our $40 My Plan Plus 12M SIM (Jul 17 Online) plan. We can then go in and manually apply both the 25% discount and $15 Optus sport discount. Are you able to send through your details via PM? I need your full name, DOB and mobile number. If we haven't organised a waiver of your contact cancellation fee, this is something we can also look into for you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Dan_C

I sent you a pm last week regarding this matter. Would you be able to assist further with this issue.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@Ja_ck, really sorry for the delay here.

I've just replied back, we'll chat there 🙂 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors