cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Phone number cancelled

Hello,

I just received an email informaing me my request to cancel my service has gone through. I have made no request. I need help please. I work offshore and we have no access to "normal" phone service so I cannot call. I have tried messaging directly but the app and my online account does not allow me to do this. I have no method of contactingn Optus. I really need my number back, it is connected to alot of my accounts.

Thank you,
Peter

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Phone number cancelled

Hi @giovinap,

Generally speaking, a prepaid service is automatically cancelled by the system if it hasn't been recharged in the last 3 months. However, the service can be re-activated if it was recently cancelled.

If you have a social media account, please then send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button☺️ 

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thank you Sarah, I will try through facebook. 😄

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

"a prepaid service is automatically cancelled by the system "

Then any such message to the customer should really say as such? If Optus has unilaterally cancelled any service then they shouldn't be telling the customer that their "request" has been finalised.
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi @petergdownload That is true, I was worried someone had cancelled my account. It did turn out it was because I hadn't recharged it (easy to forget when you can't get back into Australia), but the email makes you think otherwise. All sorted now so thanks to Optus support staff but the email wording needs to be corrected. Thanks again 😄
Highlighted

@giovinap I'm glad that we were able to get this sorted for you. You raise a good point. I have marked your comment as feedback for the relevant teams to review. Thank you.