Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted

Phone disconnection

sammywall

I have been late paying my bill and my service has been disconnected although this has happened before my phone now only gives me a SOS signal and I am not able to contact Optus Billing to arrange a payment. I have done so via the website and schedualed full payment of the bill via credit card but I am not able to contact finacial services and see if my network can be restored. It wouldn't be such an issue but I have an ill mother and I have no way to get in touch with her and she has no means to contact me. If someone could please help me ASAP!!!

Regards Sam Wall

Re: Phone disconnection

Dave

Hey Sam,

Usually we would switch the service to incoming calls only if a bill wasn't paid for specific amount of time. We do at times suspend services but this generally only happens if payment hasn't been made on the account for more than 60+ days.

Have you tried to turn your handset off and back on or tried to reset the network settings?

If you can send me your details we'll get in touch to confirm payment and restore the service,

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

[ Edited ]
sammywall

It could be quite possible that it has been 60+ just with everything going on with family somethings have fallen to the way side. I have tried turning my phone on and off and turning network services off and back on too and still no service. I just dont know how you will be able to contact me if I cant recieve any calls or messages? I have set up a payment for the full amount in just over a week when I will have the money.

Dave

Probably best to edit your post and remove your mobile number.

If you can submit your info via that link I provided in the last post I'll then send you a PM via this forum to confirm what's going on.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

sammywall

alright thank you I have taken my number down and sent off my info, thanks for your help. I'll wait to hear back from optus

yvonnemaree

I would just like to thank Optus for disconnecting my phone on Christmas Day, surely you could of waited a day. Merry Christmas to me. Grrrrrrr

JustinB

Hi yvonnemaree,

Apologies for the bad timing here!

If you have another mobile or homephone to use, would be best to have a chat with our financial services team on 1300 300 418 to discuss having this re-activated.

Sharnee

Hi 

I just recently paid my bill after it had been overdue for 60 days plus. I have no way of contacting you as my phone is disconnect and I cannot receive calls or texts from others. It has been over 4-5 days since I paid sand my phone is still disconnected. 

Toomey

Hey @Sharnee, if you're still having issues with the phone then you need to speak to someone in billing to have it activated. If you are able to find a phone to use then you can call 133937, or jump into Live Chat here.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

tig48er

wy was my phone disc. I buy $30 voucher when i feel like it. i dont owe any money my ph. is unlocked i did not even know it had been disc. until my mate rang me?

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
78 Kudos
73 Kudos
63 Kudos
55 Kudos
49 Kudos