Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Jacob_t_p
New Contributor
New Contributor

Phone delivery taking 4 weeks instead of 1-5 days

i had purchased a phone off the Optus website, and it stated on the page before i bought it that the delivery will take 1-5 days. However, after 4 days and many phone calls to Optus asking why my phone cant be tracked on the Optus startracker web page, i have received an email saying that it will take another 3 weeks for it to be delivered. this sucks as i am currently  using a phone that barely works and only charges if im lucky. as you can imagine, this is very inconvenient for me, very unprofessional of Optus. is there anyway i can have my phone delivered faster. 

Regards,

Jacob

2 Replies
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Phone delivery taking 4 weeks instead of 1-5 days

Hi Jacob,

That is disappointing. If that's the answer you've been given then it is probably unlikely that it can be sent any faster. Sounds like a breakdown in communication between the manufacturer and Optus.

I'm afraid it's not something that we can arrange here on our public forum.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Geoff1
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Phone delivery taking 4 weeks instead of 1-5 days

It appears there is still a supply chain issue with Optus.  I have hit the same problem ordering a new phone through Optus.  The last time I order a phone back in May for another family member it took 5 weeks.  When it was finally delivered the delivery person said it was because the logistics/courier? company that Optus uses had recently dismissed all its IT personnel and now no one knows how to fix the supply chain IT issues!  LOL.  I wonder if Optus stayed with the same delivery company.  Anyhow, I'm trying to switch to Telstra but they don't even seem to list a phone number for mobile phone sales anymore!!  If anyone knows the phone number for Telstra sale support, please post!  Stay safe and Covid free.

0 Kudos