cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor rtcunha
New Contributor

Phone calls going straight to voicemail (phone configuration is ok)

Hi,

I'm having a problem with my phone where all the phone calls that I receive goes straight to voicemail. I configured the phone correctly, there's no auto-forward or auto response one (Galaxy Note 9). It started when I moved from my iPhone to the Galaxy Note 9.

I spent some time in a live chat with an optus support person that asked me to do some things (like using the code ##21#) and remove and re-insert the sim card, but none of these things worked and I still can't get phone calls. Internet, Whatsapp calls, skype, etc, works fine.

Could you guys help me here?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Re: Phone calls going straight to voicemail (phone configuration is ok)

Hi

Most likely a long shot on my part but have you checked your do not disturb settings.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor rtcunha
New Contributor

Thanks for the answer Dave, but that's not the case. "Do not disturb" is turned off. Also I tried all the different configurations (with sound (ring), vibration only, silent) and none of them works.

0 Kudos
Moderator Ev_

Hey @rtcunha - Have you tried putting the SIM in another device to see if calls can be received? I would also advise visiting your local Yes Optus store for a SIM replacement. Or if you can send through a PM with your account details - full name, date of birth and mobile number, we can take a closer look into this for you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor SusieC
New Contributor

Hi,  Did you get a solution to this problem.  I am having exactly the same problem for over a week now.

New Contributor rtcunha
New Contributor

I had someone from Optus looking my case, and after some config changes, it started working back again. Interesting that after the change, it didn't start working straight forward, took a few days for me to realized that it was fine.

Good luck with your case! Ask for a case manager to look directly in what is happening.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors