cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
New Contributor rtcunha
New Contributor

Phone calls going straight to voicemail (phone configuration is ok)

Hi,

I'm having a problem with my phone where all the phone calls that I receive goes straight to voicemail. I configured the phone correctly, there's no auto-forward or auto response one (Galaxy Note 9). It started when I moved from my iPhone to the Galaxy Note 9.

I spent some time in a live chat with an optus support person that asked me to do some things (like using the code ##21#) and remove and re-insert the sim card, but none of these things worked and I still can't get phone calls. Internet, Whatsapp calls, skype, etc, works fine.

Could you guys help me here?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Re: Phone calls going straight to voicemail (phone configuration is ok)

Hi

Most likely a long shot on my part but have you checked your do not disturb settings.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor rtcunha
New Contributor

Thanks for the answer Dave, but that's not the case. "Do not disturb" is turned off. Also I tried all the different configurations (with sound (ring), vibration only, silent) and none of them works.

0 Kudos
Moderator Ev_

Hey @rtcunha - Have you tried putting the SIM in another device to see if calls can be received? I would also advise visiting your local Yes Optus store for a SIM replacement. Or if you can send through a PM with your account details - full name, date of birth and mobile number, we can take a closer look into this for you.

0 Kudos
New Contributor SusieC
New Contributor

Hi,  Did you get a solution to this problem.  I am having exactly the same problem for over a week now.

New Contributor rtcunha
New Contributor

I had someone from Optus looking my case, and after some config changes, it started working back again. Interesting that after the change, it didn't start working straight forward, took a few days for me to realized that it was fine.

Good luck with your case! Ask for a case manager to look directly in what is happening.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors