Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Phone account hacked

I am having trouble understanding how my bill has increased tp this level when prior to September 2019nI was paying about $42.00 a month. When I checked the bill, it seems my plan has been changed to the current and a phone has been added. I had no intention to gain another phone as one is adequate for my purposes, and the plan I was on was adequate for my lifestyle. 

I did attend an Optus store to inquire about getting another phone but was told due to my credit history that was not possible.  It has happened, however, and this makes me think my account has been hacked.

I have taken so long to inquire to sort this out as I have been investigating this for my own personal understanding.

I am unable to pay the requested amount except if its restored to the original plan.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Phone account hacked

Hi Gavind,

First up this is a public forum (no one can access your account details). You don't say what your bill is now but you are apparently paying for a new phone that you don't have?

I would not be investigating this but contacting Optus directly and asking what you are being billed for and why. They are the only people that can provide the facts currently. Definitely post back here after you've found out what is going on and if you are unsure of what might need to be done next.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Phone account hacked

Hi gavind,

Sound advice from Peter in his response. I would just add that you contact Optus directly in writing. Either by sending a message or if you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details.  

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos