cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor 棒RM
New Contributor

Phone Number Change

For 7 days I have been trying to change a number on one of my services, the "CHAT" operator incorrectly processed the change against the wrong service number. After being promised the error will be corrected by 6 different operators, including 2 supervisors, over 6 days, I am still without my correct service number. How do I gain access to Optus Australia direct to raise my concerns, my every attempt is blocked by the call centre and even talking with escalation officers is not resolving my concerns. The only solutions I have are to contact the Telecommunications Ombudsman and/or move all my services to another provider.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Phone Number Change

Ah, thanks for letting us know @棒RM

So, we need to go in and perform the following changes for you.

- Reverse the number changed that was processed in error

- Perform a number change on the service number you'd originally requested to be changed 

Can you fill out the template below and send that back through via PM?

Are you the primary account holder: Y/N

Your full name:
DOB:

Mobile number:

http://yesopt.us/pmdan

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor 棒RM
New Contributor

Thank you for your reply, finally after such a frustrating time Optus has now made the corrections, sadly they charged me $55.00 extra to correct their error, SO once again I will be having to contact their call centre and waste another hour or more to get this corrected. I appreciate errors can be made, but I am so frustrated at the time wasted and the number of calls I had to make to get his matter resolved, every promise was broken, even those from Team Leaders/Supervisors, no one followed through on the committments to me as a customer.

This experience has been extremely disappointing and shows a lack of professional conduct by all I spoke to, as a service provider Optus needs to seriously lift their game and improve customers ability to access the correct areas to resolve any concerns.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

I've just replied back to your private message @棒RM

If you do have any other questions, you're welcome to chat with us there. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos