Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
New Contributor laura_
New Contributor

Personal hotspot detectable but not connected

I have postpaid 4G plan but when I tried to connect other devices to my mobile (iphone 6s) I was able to detect the personal hotspot but not able to connect. Can anyone help? I have also reset my network settings but still no luck.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Personal hotspot detectable but not connected

When you say other devices is this like a laptop, tablet or other phones you have tried? I could understand maybe one device having an issue but multiple devices that can't connect would point to an issue with your iPhone. Have you tried removing the connection completely then adding it back on any of the devices you are trying to connect with?

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Tano
RetiredModerator

Hey @laura_, I've had a similar issue myself in the past, renaming the phone (Settings > General > About > Name), and also resetting the hotspot password (Settings> Personal Hotspot > Wi-Fi Password) eventually did the trick. Worth a shot?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
New Contributor laura_
New Contributor

Multiple devices can't connect to my phone 😞 I have tried removing connection completely then adding it back but still no luck, I could see my phone was listed but when I was trying to connect it was just loading and loading but it's not working.. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor laura_
New Contributor

I have also renamed my phone and reset my wifi passport but still nothing.. I have a feeling that it's something to do with Optus because before I changed to Optus my personal hotspot was working just fine with my previous provider. Another thing I noticed is, when I go to Settings > Mobile > Mobile Data Options > Mobile Data Network; I found my Mobile Data has APN, Username and Password filled out; howver under Personal Hotspot I only have the APN filled out but the Username and Password fields are blank. Is there anything that I need to put here? And would the username and password be the same as my Optus username / password? THanks.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

@laura_ I'm not sure what the issue could be here, but we can raise your enquiry with the Mobile Network Team directly to follow up. Please feel free to send me a private message with the below information and I'll send it off.

Full Name:
DOB:
Phone Number:
Are You The Primary Account Holder: Yes/No

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Ashwal
New Contributor

Thank you! I’ve had this issues for months and could not solve it but this did the trick!

0 Kudos
New Contributor mayankjain1981
New Contributor

I Have got this same issue. i have got two iphone X and both of them are detectable but none of them is getting connected through the laptop. the internet on the mobile is running fine.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi mayankjain1981,

Have you tried the steps Tano advised above?

If that didn't do the trick, please Chat with us choosing the Technical issues option or Message Us from your My Optus App under the Help menu. 

Let us know how you go.

0 Kudos
New Contributor laura_
New Contributor

I was on call for more than half an hour with Optus technical team and this has not resolved my problem (on iphone 6s) so I've given up and haven't used my personal hotspot for a while now...

0 Kudos
Top Contributors