Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Fevvy
New Contributor
New Contributor

Pathetic speeds

Ive been a customer since 2001. Ive never had great service. But now I need it. My internet speed is Download 0.18Mbps upload 0.46Mbps. I've reset as suggested, it improved to 0.49 download and 1.99 upload. Its just terrible. It always has been. Will it ever improve. I need to do mandatory training, and regularly update work apps. It takes needless hours. So disheartening.
2 Replies
meslow
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Pathetic speeds

this happens to me when it teams with rain.  my internet has been like it for three weeks.  they will run you around and say the fault is with your house / your hardware.  i had to go to town last year when it happened then - just like now.

the answer i got is the "pit" which is in the street gets full of water and the hardware has been trashed.  they don't want to spend money on this as adsl is old tech.

I'm at the stage it's easier to go mobile broadband with someone like ovo or belong.  do you need a phone line really..every one just uses mobiles these days

0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Pathetic speeds

Hey Fevvy,

We'll need more specific information to be able to try and help. What type of internet connection? What other troubleshooting have you tried? What suburb/postcode are you located in?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors