cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

TJR
New Contributor
New Contributor

Parental Controls on mobile phone

Looking for advice on what is available from optus regarding parental controls on childrens/teenagers mobile phonee.  Appreciate assistance.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
caaf
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Parental Controls on mobile phone

Hi there,

Hopefully the couple of links will help you out.

Apple parent control

Googleplay parent control

Ultimately it’ll be up to yourself do source the appropriate parental path. Some internet searching may yield a better result. 

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. 😉
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Parental Controls on mobile phone

As mentioned both Apple and Android have good (and free), built from the ground up, parental functionlity. Things like your kids being able to request apps to install etc. and you being able to say yes (and pay etc.) or no.

Probably most important is to start with data allowances and teaching them how to control them. Optus will charge up to $1500 a month in data top ups if they go over there limit. Andorid has again great built in data warnings and cutoffs that you can set. Apple not so much. You might consider starting with a prepaid account. This can never be exceeded (no unwanted fees) and your kid can contribute to the top up amount each month to appreciate the value of the data.

Otherwise a popular mobile option is FamilyZone. Trial the free 30 day trial?

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos