Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Paid to have phone returned, never received it

I returned my phone through a trade up in February this year and later received a very basic text to say the phone was damaged. So I requested to pay fair market value and get the phone back. About a month later I received a tracking number that did not work, then about a month later a text to say the phone had been delievered to my address but no phone had turned up that day.

I've used the messaging system and phone calls trying to work out where my phone has gone and been told 2 different things. 1. My phone was sent to a shop and 2. My phone never left the warehouse. I now have a $275 over due bill for the fair market price that I refuse to pay until I have my phone in my hands. Every single person that I have spoken to has said they will email me with information and I NEVER received one and a few even said they would call even though I said i cannot take calls due to working full-time and dont take calls after work hours due to wanting time to spend with my family, not arguing with someone on call. I've also spoke to someone recently who said I would definitely receive an email within the next 48 hours, that was 3 days ago and I still do not have any emails. I am sick to death of chasing this issue up and I will most definitely be changing providers and seeking legal help with this matter because 3 months back and forth is much too long to be getting 0 answers.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Paid to have phone returned, never received it

It appears Optus don't have a very good tracking system . The "warehouse" seems to be its own department and what end when things are shipped to and from it is not something most staff have direct access to (many just phone across to ask someone to look into things). Some staff are prone to just making answers up (knowing they won't be dealing with you again). In general you won't be called back (assume that however you leave a call is the last you will hear of things so try get answers then and there)

At this stage I'd suggest you just make this a formal complaint.

You can try

https://www.optus.com.au/for-you/support/feedback-and-complaints/make-a-complaint#yourIssues

and hope you get a responce.

I'd also write one though as these are possibly treated more seriously. Try keep the complaint brief. Leave out all the fluffy stuff and just summarise what's happened and what you need to fix the situation.

Ultimately you want to get an official complaint number. Unfortunately Optus departments appear to work independently so while your complaint is being handled its possible you'll be hit with late fees etc.

If you can't get an answer (and it is up to Optus to provide proof that the phone arrived at your home and was signed for by you) then forward the complaint on to the TIO (with the number) and they should sort it out for you. I'd suggest you don't waste much more time trying to sort it out yourself. Write the letter and after that the process should begin to work for you. The TIO works on your side and is able to direct Telcos how to resolve issues.

Good Luck

0 Kudos