cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor dragon2910
New Contributor

PPACT-SIMVAL-0008

i was given a $50 prepaid sim for xmas and when i try to activate it get this ppact-simval-0008 error message. why is this and do i need to return the sim for a new one

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: PPACT-SIMVAL-0008

Any Optus store can swap over a SIM on the spot. If you don't get an answer suggest you pop into one.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@dragon2910

PACT-SIMVAL-0008: The SIM number entered is unavailable, please check if you've correctly entered the SIM number and try again. 

Was that given to you a gift? Do you have the receipt for the purchase? I'd check a couple of things.

Each SIM has an expiry date, after which it can no longer be activated. Check the packaging to confirm whether the SIM is still current. 

If that's okay, you'll need to request a replacement SIM. As long as you have a receipt/proof of purchase - you should be fine. 

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor dragon2910
New Contributor

i have looked at the expiry date and it is good until july 2019. i have entered the numbers correctly. i did it several times to make sure. and seeing it was a gift i dont have the receipt and the person who gave it too me didnt  think they would need tokeep it for a sim card..... it is appearing as though i am up the creek

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Or you could pop into an Optus store and see what they say?

FWIW Optus like all companies have a legal requirement to provide goods of merchantable quality (i.e. fit for use). You are not required to keep a reciept. OPtus should be able to easily verify the SIM has not been activated / used.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

If the SIM is current and it's not showing as having been activated previously, it's definitely worthwhile popping into the store.

I'd even reach out to our Live Chat team,

Explain the situation and they'll attempt to activate the SIM from the back-end.

If worse comes to worst ,you can purchase a $2.00 prepaid SIM. We can then go in and manually apply the 50Gb of prepaid data. 

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors