Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

POBOX - no deliveries

Why don't you deliver to POBOX? I don't have any of my post or couriers deliver to my residential home address due to living in a rural area. Due to this, I am forced to rent a POBOX (it's not free and not a luxury choice). I am sure I am not the only one in this situation, and I find it very unfair to be discriminated regards deliveries. When I inquired about this, your staff's explanation was, that to deliver to a POBOX isn't secure. Well that is totally untrue, and is quite the opposite. I've never had anything stolen or not delivered since I rent a POBOX, and I also have couriers and any item that needs a signature delivered to POBOX without any issue. I'd like this be looked at ASAP and rectified to keep customers like me purchasing your items in the future and not being forced to involve someone else to get my post sent to them.

18 Replies
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: POBOX - no deliveries

As most of the deliveries contain expensive items such as a $1500 iPhone, the courier(s) Optus uses have the policy that they will only accept the signature of the account holder / purchaser and will request photo identification upon delivery, or if missed at the collection point. Evidence of customer signatures are vital for proof of delivery disputes.

Ultimately it's just a security/minimise fraud risk measure, CarBun. Delivered to work not an option? (when it's not during a global pandemic that is). Not sure but I'm guessing it's not unique to Optus amongst the Telcos.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

@Ray_YC wrote:

the courier(s) Optus uses have the policy that they will only accept the signature of the account holder / purchaser and will request photo identification upon delivery

Well they fail miserably at it. Of the three modem deliveries I received, I think one was signed for (no ID required), and two were just left at the front door, and if I recall correctly they were all marked as ID required on the packages. I re-arranged my time to make sure I was home specifically because of the ID requirements which was ultimately an unnecessary inconvenience.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Yes, I've heard of same thing. 

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I'm waiting for a sim. I need it asap to activate it within 30 days of purchase and with your toll hacking issues it might arrive (if it even will) well after 30 days of purchase. Will you compensate me for this? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I had my signature post item left on the back steps of my house only to be found when mowing the lawn days later. Had that item been delivered to my P.O Box I would have received it. The thing with a P.O Box is you need the same forms of identification that Optus asks for just to even register for a box in the first place. When an item is delivered you need the key, your drivers licence and a signature. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

That's terrible what happened to you. They really have to change all this. I am so frustrated and frankly am considering not to go to Optus afterall. I'm a Virgin Mobile customer, but VM is shutting down 30th June, and for me to keep my current number I have an option to port it to Optus, but this stress is just not worth the hassle. Virgin Mobile was a good company, but of course, all the good thing are always replaced with worse. 😞 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Actually the terrible part was that 3 separate Optus telephone sales support staff assured me that they do in fact deliver to post office boxes. I even queried this with them when I made the purchase as I was fairly certain they didn't. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

A bit more info is on the Orders, Deliveries & Returns help and support page including:

If your delivery is for a modem, Fetch set top box, or SIM only order, identification will not be required.

Ultimately I guess Optus cannot control what a courier does and the standard complaints process applies which feedback passed on to said courier company. Right now I'm sure we'd like them to stop being hacked 🙃 

I vaguely recall at one point Optus was considering following another country's model of using Uber but that obviously never came to be. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

@Ray_YC wrote:

If your delivery is for a modem, Fetch set top box, or SIM only order, identification will not be required.

Great, but when I receive this:

Screenshot_2020-05-22-09-51-32.png

I'm inclined to believe otherwise.

Ultimately I guess Optus cannot control what a courier does  

And who sent that message?

0 Kudos