Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Akis
New Contributor
New Contributor

Overcharged in $105 mobile plan

I jointed OPTUS  just over a year ago on a mobile plan $105 per month with Iphone7 plus. Since then even when I never had extra usage I never get a bill for $105 always much more  . The bills are made so complicated you never have a clear indication what is happening. When I phone to ask them I been told my plan is $ 105 plus the phone cost repayment. When I joint it was clear you choose your phone first on a plan and that was that .You choice the $ 105 plan with that perticular phone  and that what you pay except any extra calls etc.Does anybody experience this overcharges?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Overcharged in $105 mobile plan

I think you need to work through your bill carefully. Yes they can be long but most of it is just a detail of calls made etc. Optus generally split features up into a charge and then a credit/refund (if applicable). For example Optus are probably subsidising your handset. On the bill you might see a Handset Charge (say +$30) and then further down a  Handset Credit (say -$30). The two cancel out. Run down a recent bill and see if anything looks out of the ordinary and let us know what it is.

Its possible you are paying for a Premium SMS scam (which can add a significant amount to each bill). It will be listed as a Premium SMS subscription on the bill.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Shauna
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Overcharged in $105 mobile plan

Hey @Akis - Thanks for reaching out. Can you please PM me with your mobile number, full name and DOB so we can look into your bills?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos