Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
New Contributor
New Contributor

Overcharged bill

I have sign up for 12 months contract (unfortunatelly) with Optus, $65 80GB. I have been overcharged over  $300 on my first bill. I have contacted optus 4 times, 3 times before reciving the bill to get my account in order, relating to available data and other charges as I was aware that information in optus app were incorect. Every time I was reasured that optus will adjust my settings. Last time after reciving the bill and talking with optus representative online I was told that I am not to pay the extra/overcharge (I did pay $65 before due date). I keep getting massages from optus that my account is overdue and my incure late payment fee. I am not happy with optus service, and I did tell that directly to optus. I would like to change to different provider but optus would charge me exit fee. Is there a way to avoid the fee. Optus service is unreliable, I feel tretened by Optus corespondance and have no way to stop that. Is an Ombudsman the righ way to go? Tahnk you. 

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Overcharged bill

Yes the Ombudsman can help but its best to try and resolve the issue directly with Optus if possible. From what I understand they do charge in advance on the first bill and even with a late payment fee it shouldn't come to $300. Did you run over your 80GB data limit?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Kudos, Thank you for your reply. I have not used data over my allowance. However, Optus does charge me for data between 40-80 GB on my second bill. It was acknowledged by Optus 4 times that the charge will/should not occur. Even that and after 4 from my side initiated conversation with Optus representatives nothing changed on Optus part and I am being bombarded by emails and SMSs to pay. I am at my wits end. When I talk with Optus representatives they are sweet and "helpful" but then nothing changes. I may forward this matter to the Ombudsman as I think costumers should not be treated this way. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

If that's the case I would be asking them one more time to fix the issue. I also think it might pay to politely mention that if the issue can't be resolved you may be speaking with ombudsman. I would be getting a reference number, employee ID and as much information as you can in case you do need to take the matter further. Information on how to make an official complaint and the ombudsman details can be found on the link below.

https://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/complaints-compliments?requestType=NormalRequest&id=140...

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thank you for your reply. I did contact Optus one more time today to have this matter sorted. It was again accepted from Optus that I was overcharged, as it was a number of times before. Now I have to wait a few days to see if the change e.g. my account credited for the overcharge amount goes trough and appears on my account. I have been taking screen shots of every conversation from the start and also had one transcript of the online conversation emailed when I asked for it. Unfortunately I did not receive transcript the next time even asking for it. But still have the screen shots of it. It helped today that I was able to refer back to the Optus people names I spoke to, dates and times while citing what they said. I believe it made today's conversation with Optus more forward.

P.S. Thank you for the link.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @J_M_P, sorry for the runaround here 😕 Please let us know how you go with this, and feel free to send through a private message with the full name, account/phone number and DOB and we'll take a look and see what's happening with regards to these charges.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Tano, as I mentioned above I did contact Optus once more trying to solve the issue. I am still waiting to see if the changes emerge on my account as I was told it can take up to 48 hours for the changes to appear. I will wait until next week (weekend now) and see what happens. Previously I was told a number of times that the issue was resolved and my account will be updated but nothing happened. I want to be optimistic and hope that this time gonna be different.  Unfortunately Optus made me to consider leaving for another provider. This is not just the Optus customer service I experienced but also the coverage as I do travel fair a bit around Victoria and experienced better signal covarage and data speed (both city and rural) with another provider.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I understand. Thanks for the update @J_M_P. As Tano mentioned, please send us a PM should you need us to follow this up. Apologies for the experience 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

No you did not solve my problem I am being overcharged for calls  which are already paid for on my plan acivated on 2/9/17 overcharging has occurred since they changed the system and I have a different account number.   I got it sorted out with someone from the account department last month and received a $90 credit however, this month I am being overcharged for calls I have already paid for.   Disgusted with Optus, have been a customer since 1995 when they first entered Optus entered the Australian market is has declined since them so I am thinking of changing to another provider.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos