Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Grimsby
New Contributor
New Contributor

Overbilled

I wanted to recontract at end of bill cycle but was told from the sales rep that i would be rebated and that my monthly bill would not exceed my plan..so i sign up  to $59 plan and end up with a $85 bill for recontracting  half way thru the month.  This is unfair and is sales just rushing people thru the door not caring about the consequences.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Overbilled

Recontracting bills are often messy. 

In general you will get a new plan and the old one will be prorated back as a credit.

I would wait until your next bill to see what the final shakeout is.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Overbilled

@Grimsby, we have a great video up on our support page that explains how you're charged on your first invoice, final invoice and the bill you receive after having recontracted/changed your rate plan.

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/your-bill-explained?question=bill&answerId=1325

Check the billing period that you're charged for each plan. Make sure that the billing period does not overlap. If you do have any questions, reach out to our Live Chat team and they'll run through the invoice with you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos