Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
New Contributor LadyLycan_2017
New Contributor

Over charged

Hi all. I just recently went on a plan thru optus. It has only been a little over a month since I signed up to this network and they have sent me a message saying that I owe them over a thousand dollars. My plan is $120 per month so I am wondering how they have worked it out to be so high. 

Has anybody else experienced this problem?? 

Thank you for reading this. 

Kind regards 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Over charged

Do you have an account statement itemising the individual charges?  (I'm assuming this is a mobile account)  Have you checked that the statement is true and correct?  Are there other family members using your phone without you knowing?  There's not enough detail in your post to offer any further advice.

0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Optus will keep topping up the phone by 1Gb if you use all your monthly data. Charge is $10 each time. Optus will do this 150 times before cutting you off (I guess because after $1500 in top ups its starting to become their issue, not the customers).

This may or may not be what has happened to you. $1000 represents about 100Gb of data (which is a lot of data but quite doable if you are youtubing, netflix, syncing apple phones?). Note that if you get a top up you are meant to get a SMS notifying you of it (I take it this hasn't happened?) 

As @TommyB says, first thing is to find out what exactly the $1000 is for as will be itemised on your bill. Then we can offer more.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Tano
RetiredModerator

As others have said here, we'd need more detail to be able to determine what if any additional charges have been applied to your account, and why you would have been billed so much. if you're still seeking some clarification, you can reach out to the Billing team, or if you like, send me a private message with your full name, account number and DOB and I'll look into this for you. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos