Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
New Contributor Matt1991
New Contributor

Over charged for data

Has anyone else been overcharged for data while their phone is switched off? Had my phone turned off and got charge for 13G of extra data

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Over charged for data

Hi Matt1991,

It's likely your phone was switched on at some point during the day the data usage occurred. Mobile usage information is updated within 4 hours.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Matt1991
New Contributor

Of course your employed by Optus to say that. My phone battery was dead and can not use 15Gb of data in 20 mins. 

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

There appears to be a misunderstanding, in that situation it's possible the phone used 15GB of data in the approx. 4 hours prior to the battery running out, which may have contributed to it going flat.

Have you checked your data breakdown in your My Optus App?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos