cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Over billing

Trying not to burden Optus with book keeping during this busy time so asking here....

Recently upgraded from one mobile broadband deal to another.  At the time of upgrade, made sure (in writing) that the previous deal had ended.  Now, I'm still being billed for the old deal.  My intention is to pay only for the new deal.  Want to make sure I will not be penalised for unpaid bill.  Service suspended, etc

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Over billing

Hi stetchsydney,

We don't have visibility of customer bills here on our public forum.

It's likely your first bill after the plan change, unless the plan change took date on the exact start date of the new billing period, you've probably been charged a pro-rata amount of the old plan and a pro-rata amount of the new plan, with the next bill reflecting your first full month on the new plan.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Over billing

Thank you for getting back to me.

You are right, I was billed pro rata for the few remaining days of the first month of the new service (part of $67 for 500 gig).  And an upfront payment of $67 for the first full month of the new service.

However, I was also billed for the complete last month of the old service ($45 for 80gig). I did not access or use any of the 80gig.

Even though I have a written guarantee from Optus online support, 'that there would be no more charges for the old service,' an extra $45 was included in that first new bill.  Assuming this was part of the deal I paid the $45.  Now I realize that was a mistake because the second months bill also includes a $45 charge for the old service (also unused).

To remedy these eror, I intend to pay for this months new service $67 but not the demanded extra $45 charge.  I will also deduct the $45 paid in last months bill by mistake.  When things return to normal, I will take this up with Optus.  By documenting my intentions here I hope to avoid any penalties for unpaid bills.

0 Kudos