Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Bellarina
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Outbound International calls

May i ask a question. My question pertains to outbound calls to Greece. Everytime i call my dad's mobile number and my mobile number on his phone shows a different  number eveytime  however  does not show my real phone number as my dad is so confused. Why does this occurr evertime with multiple numbers on his caller id?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
markdennis
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Outbound International calls

you number wont normally show up, it might show up UNKNOWN or a Greece number depends on which network forwrad your call when it arrive in greece.

Bellarina
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi again.  Im sorry you didnt understand my question or read the last sntence 

My last sentence read " Why is this happening.

My number does not appear or nor does it say Uknown caller. It states random Australian numbers or numbers starting with *441235689546 or *44780763432 as example. Does not state a greek number at all. Youre saying a greek number appears when i call to greece on my dads caller id?? That does not make sence since im calling from Australia to Greece which means no greek number should appear on a caller id and my number as is should appear. 

My question was why when i from my australian optus number call Greece my optus number shows not my true phone number but constant random numbering starting with +44252673839?

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Hi @Bellarina, I've done a bit of research on the topic and the best explanation I can find is the following: How old is the mobile number? In some cases Telcos can take a while to update their caller ID data base. That might explain why your number is coming through as unknown or a completely different number altogether. Are you able to try dialling 1832 or *32 before the phone number you want to call? Let us know if that comes through on your dads end us the correct number. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Bellarina
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi. My phone is new IPhone 7   Purchased twomonths ago. Yes i have tried that already

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Ah that's frustrating. This one has me a bit stumped @Bellarina. I'll go ahead and email our Mobile Network interface management team and ask whether they can offer a bit of insight. I'll update this thread once more information comes my way. Are you able to send us a private message with your account details? We'll need your full name, DOB and mobile number. We'll try and figure this one out for you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos