cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Our Yes Crowd Community Guidelines have been updated

@rohimkarki,

Something's has obviously gone wrong. Possibly you've somehow had the contract accidently cancelled which would make the remaining handset fees and cancellation fees come due at once. A single line item of "Service Fee" seems very strange.

You need to talk to Optus directly and find out exactly what is being billed for. Use LIVECHAT here on line and you should get an answer pretty quickly.

The 10% student discount should be easy to apply and Optus will probably apply the credit on the past four bills once they get themselves sorted (You're correct it really shouldn't be this hard to get a simple pormised discount applied to your account)

Alternatively if @Ray_YC or @Dan_C or another mod pop in you can PM them and they maybe look into it.

Peter Gillespie

Occasional Contributor rohimkarki
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for the advice. But i have been talking with agent through live chat since 4 months. yet I get this kind of bill every month.
At this point no, i just want to pay my remaining amount and opt. out from Optus.  here's the chat transcript from previous month.

Chat Start TimeChat End TimeChat DurationOperatorInteraction ID
Nov 05, 2018 11:05:01 AESTNov 05, 2018 11:21:05 AEST00:16:04DoloresINT-sv1appis16-1541376300797-200895
Auto-Generated Message (11:05:01 AEST) : Hi, this is Dolores from the Mobile Service Team, welcome to Optus LiveChat.
Visitor (11:05:11 AEST) : Hello
Visitor (11:05:25 AEST) : I have a problem with my current bill 
Dolores (11:05:39 AEST) : Hello.
Visitor (11:05:58 AEST) : I had previously talked to an agent and was told that it will take 3-5 business days to be solved..
Dolores (11:06:14 AEST) : Let me check that for you.
Dolores (11:06:16 AEST) : Please update the following slider-
Dolores (11:06:17 AEST) : /fslider custinfo
Auto-Generated Message (11:06:19 AEST) : [PUSH_FORM_DATA]: {"Px Online: Custinfo slider displayed."}
Auto-Generated Message (11:06:43 AEST) : [PUSH_FORM_DATA]: {"Px Online: Customer submitted Customer info form.
Name: Rohim Karki
Date of birth: XX/XXXX/YOB1990
Phone number: XXXXXXXXXX
Account number: "}
Auto-Generated Message (11:07:07 AEST) : [PUSH_FORM_DATA]: {"Px Online: Custinfo slider displayed."}
Visitor (11:07:29 AEST) : I am being charged XXX dollars for XX/XXXX monthly plan. 
Dolores (11:07:47 AEST) : Thanks for the details, Rohim.
Dolores (11:08:49 AEST) : I see that credit has been already applied of $98.
Auto-Generated Message (11:08:57 AEST) : [PUSH_FORM_DATA]: {"Px Online: Custinfo slider displayed."}
Visitor (11:09:29 AEST) : Thank you.. 
Auto-Generated Message (11:09:57 AEST) : [PUSH_FORM_DATA]: {"Px Online: Custinfo slider displayed."}
Dolores (11:10:01 AEST) : You're welcome.
Dolores (11:10:03 AEST) : Is there anything else I can help you with?
Visitor (11:10:15 AEST) : Will the credit be applied automatically every month? 
Visitor (11:10:33 AEST) : Coz i have been doing this for every month
Dolores (11:11:17 AEST) : Yes it will be applied not to worry.
Visitor (11:11:35 AEST) : Can you please make sure of it
Dolores (11:12:06 AEST) : Yes already previous agent has been raised a request on this.
Visitor (11:12:17 AEST) : Because i was told the same before.. But then i have had to solve the issue through the chat Smiley Sad
Visitor (11:12:33 AEST) : Thank you
Dolores (11:13:45 AEST) : No worries .
Dolores (11:13:53 AEST) : I will help you with the ref number 
Dolores (11:14:34 AEST) : This is the ref number for the request 32437419A.
Visitor (11:15:22 AEST) : Can plz get an email for it? If i can
Dolores (11:15:49 AEST) : Sure I will send it for you.
Visitor (11:16:13 AEST) : Thank you 
Dolores (11:16:31 AEST) : You're welcome.
Dolores (11:16:36 AEST) : Is there anything else I can help you with?
Visitor (11:17:37 AEST) : No thank you
Visitor (11:17:44 AEST) : Thats all
Dolores (11:17:59 AEST) : Have I been able to answer all your enquiries today?
Visitor (11:18:04 AEST) : Waiting for the email
Visitor (11:18:19 AEST) : Yes you have thank you 
Dolores (11:18:33 AEST) : You will be receive it once you end the chat along with the transcript .
Dolores (11:18:45 AEST) : Can I have the Email Id ?
Visitor (11:18:52 AEST) : Yes sure
Visitor (11:18:58 AEST) : xxx@xxx.xxx
Dolores (11:19:18 AEST) : Okay thanks.
Dolores (11:20:31 AEST) : Now by using the My Optus app, you can do the following transactions - Data usage, Voicemail, Data breakdown, Call diversions, Plan allowance, International roaming, Recharge/Top-Up, Third party content, Recharge different prepaid service, Auto-recharge.
Dolores (11:20:33 AEST) : Thank you for contacting Optus. Have a good daySmiley Happy
Visitor (11:20:56 AEST) : Thank you. You too have a nice one 
0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I get the student discount hasn't been properly applied. IMO, It happens way too much at Optus -  its either incompetence or a deliberate lack of process designed to make customers give up what was rightfully negotiated in shear frustration and lack of time to keep contesting. Never been able to work out which (or which is worse)

But I'd have though the $1000+ bill was more of an issue? Sounds like you have cancelled the contract and so the (full) handset fees and any early exit fees are being charged for.

Peter Gillespie

Occasional Contributor

haven't cancelled anything. Why would i cancel the ongoing plan without fully paying it. Let's assume that i have cancelled the plan which i have not. still the amount is way to more after paying the plan amount for months. The bill amount is more than that of the whole plan amount.

And few months ago some agent in the live chat told me that there has been some error in the system and they will set up a credit amount monthly so that there will be adjustment in the monthly bill. Since then it has been like 3 more months. And the isssue is unsolved with a higher bill amount this month.
Initially the extra bill i got was $113 then bill amount was increased to $151 for 2 months. and Finally they have managed to send me the bill of $1131 in a month. Also for the first extra bill of $131 i was not credited the extra amount i paid. I have no idea how billing system works in optus.

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

So it does sound like in the tinkering some customer service person has tripped something up.

I'm just guessing here. You'll need to head back to the source (LiveChat) and try find out what's gone wrong.

Also, I'd suggest starting your own thread asking for help, as no one see's older threads other than the people that posted in them originally.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

thank you.
and yes i had already started my own thread but as people seem to reply on popular post more often, i had posted many comments addressing my problem on many popular posts on yes crowd.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors