Searching...

Mobile

Ordered $30 per month sim card - getting charged $40 per month!

[ Edited ]
spaceangelz

Hi all

I ordered the $30 per month sim card (which is normally $40 per month) during the promotion in December 2017. I ordered it on the 11th December 2017 and only received the sim card in January 2018. 

My first bill arrived and it was $40 so I contacted Optus via Live Chat and spoke to a guy called  Abbot who said "under the promo plan the discounts will be applied from the second month". Being naive, I believed him

So the second month came and I still have a bill for $40. This time I spoke to a girl called Indiana on live chat who said "I had a check on your plan and can see that you signed up for this plan on 4/01/2018 and the offer which you are referring to ended on 2/01/2018". I explained that I had an email from Optus confirming that I ordered on 11th December 2017, but she couldn't help and said she would escalate the situaiton and I would be contacted. It's been 2 days and I still haven't heard back

What should I do? 

Re: Ordered $30 per month sim card - getting charged $40 per month!

10000000000GB

Panic!

This is a common complaint that the discount is not being applied. With Optus you have to apply the third time lucky rule, and then go TIO.

petergdownload

Some Optus staff can be a little bad at 'getting back'

You'll need it sorted on the spot IMO. The date delay is obviously the issue but its likely most staff can't just apply the correct bonus (most bonuses have to be applied manually which is why they don't appear until month two)

Hopefully a mod will come by as they are pretty good in fixing behind the scene things like this.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Dan_C

@spaceangelz,

That'd be our 25% off promo offer. As far as the promo end date is concerned, the 2/1/18 is correct. If you'd ordered the plan before the expiry of the promotional period then you're indeed eligible for the offer.

The comms I've received regarding this offer do state that the discount will be applied from the 1st bill onwards.

Can I get you to send us a PM with your account details? We need your full name, DOB and mobile number. I'll have a look Smiley Happy Follow the URL below:

http://yesopt.us/pmdan

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

spaceangelz

Thanls Dan have sent you a PM Smiley Happy

Dan_C

Cool! I've just replied back Smiley Happy

I think we've managed to sort this one out.

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
154 Kudos
131 Kudos
96 Kudos
94 Kudos
77 Kudos