cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Annie10
New Contributor

Order received email suspect

Just received an email saying my order had been received my phone no, thanks.  No tracking no, no link.  I have not placed an order or accessed my account or upgraded any features.  Looks suspicious.  I am worried,any anyone help please?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Re: Order received email suspect

removed

0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Optus do send these (regretably worded) emails out if very trivial changes are made to your account (i.e. call forwarding activated, nicjname changed etc.). Although you say you haven't accessed your account online or via the app recently. Its possible an Optus internal process triggered it inadvertently as they went into your account for some reason.

I assume there are no links etc. embedded in the email?

Peter Gillespie
0 Kudos
New Contributor Annie10
New Contributor

The only link was my phone no.  What’s the best way to follow up and confirm nothing nasty going on?  Thank you

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi Annie10,

What was the e-mail address that sent it to you?

If you're concerned you can always Chat with us to ensure no order was placed on your account.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Annie10
New Contributor

Myaccount@optus.com.au was the email.  Live chat thought it might have been auto sent as part of a system upgrade when my account was moved to a new app.  Does that sound correct??  Thanks

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Okay so the e-mail address was a legitimate Optus one.

I'm not sure what they mean when moved to a new app. It sounds like you confirmed with them that no order was placed/received.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors