Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
shyam_gosavi
New Contributor
New Contributor

Order No. BASC

Hi Team,

I had issue with my mobile and iPhone store confirmed in writing that there is manufacturing defect in my handset. I have surrendered my mobile to OPTAS PRAHRAN Gallery on 13Apr2021 (BASC********). I checked status online and as of 21Apr2021 I could see following status

"Your device has been received at the assessment Centre." 

May I know from here how many days you will need to update me about status of my claim? 

Best regards

Shyam

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Nard_YC

Re: Order No. BASC********

Hi there @shyam_gosavi. Sorry to hear you're having trouble getting a status update on your warranty/repair claim. Due to the nature of repairs, we don't have an exact number of days it may be until the status updates on our Device Claim Status Check page. 

If it's taking a bit longer than usual, they could be waiting for further parts from the manufacturer or other factors could be delaying the process. We recommend continuing to check that page for updates. 

However, if you'd like for us to take a closer look to see if there's any further specifics we can find about your warranty/repair claim we recommend you reaching out to our 24x7 Experts via Messaging in the My Optus App and providing them with your BASC number. 

We won't be able to look into your account and claim here on Yes Crowd as this is a public forum.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

shyam_gosavi
New Contributor
New Contributor

I am not surprised to see this response and it was much expected. Honestly speaking I am fed up with OPTUS because when I handed over my mobile in PRAHRAN gallery "LUIS" the store representative assured me that my claim will be processed in 7 working days and I should get replacement handset soon as this is related to manufacturing defect. Certainly I am not expecting OPTUS to repair my handset but to provide me brand new handset as they sold me defective mobile in past.

0 Kudos
AndS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@shyam_gosaviI would go back into the store and ask for a replacement phone as it has been over a week since the phone was sent in for repair and you cannot obtain a date when it will be repaired. If the store does not give you a replacement phone on the spot then make a formal complaint via the Optus web site that you are without a phone and you have it in writing that Optus have said it's a manufacturing fault.

0 Kudos
shyam_gosavi
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks for your recommendation but when I handed over my phone they informed me that replacement phone will be sent directly to my residence once mobile assessment is completed. Regarding manufacturing fault, it has been confirmed by iPhone Store, Chadstone in writing and I have already shared that report with OPTUS PRAHAN store in past as well as while handing over my phone on 13Apr2021. Honestly speaking this whole thing is going on since Jun2020 and I am really getting mental stress due to over all service/treatment I am receiving from OPTUS. Yesterday I called OPTUS PRAHRAN store and my call was attended by Ms. Olga and she told me that store manger (Jak) will available on Monday (26Apr2021) to meet in person as he is final decision maker. I would appreciate if from your end you could sent some notification to OPTUS PRAHN store to provide me replacement handset immediately.
0 Kudos