cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor jakeyg
Occasional Contributor

Optus x sleek not charging when on

Just wondering if anyone has the same issue?  I have an optus x sleek, bout 2 months old, and it will only charge when its turned off. I thought it wasnt charging at all, but took into the shop and they got it charging, so i took it home and tried to plkug it in but it didnt charge again.  then after it died i plugged it back in and it charged.  Bloody annoying!  anyone have similar issue and was able to fix it?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Moderator Marie

Re: Optus x sleek not charging when on

Hmm that is certainly unusual jakeyg 😕

Have you tried a different charging cable, charger or powerpoint to see if this is causing the issue.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor jakeyg
Occasional Contributor

sure have, all sorts of charging ends with different amperages from 1 all the way through to 2.4a.  It seems as though if the battery gets too low, then it will not be able to charge.  I left it off overnight and it full charged, then i turned it on and once it got down to 70% i tried charging again and it worked.  Go figure.

0 Kudos
Moderator Marie

That is really strange!

Is there a point it's getting to that it's not able to charge ie 30% then nothing?

Does it happen every time you try and charge it or just every now and then?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor amp-qld
New Contributor

My six month old X Sleek has suddenly started with the same problem.  It mostly charges OK when it's not switched on but either doesn't charge at all or charges at an extremely low level when it's switched on.  Since the problem started, I've tried charging it through a charger with a digital display and, instead of the usual 0.46 amp, it was charging at between 0.00 and 0.02 amps when it was switched on. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Moderator Marie

Yikes! That's no good @amp-qld 😞 

It should still be covered by warranty, I'd recommend backing it up and taking it instore for our team to have assessed by our repair centre for replacement or repair.

Let us know how you go.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Bsf
New Contributor

I've had 3 Optus sleak and had the same problem with all of them. They sit on 1% on charger and won't charge. Try turning phone on, turns on, then seconds later dies. Eventually they start charging. Could be a memory issue. If phone's nearly at capacity. Not sure if battery has its own memory or relies on phone memory. 

They're a crap phone. Heavy, glass both sides. Slippery as all get out. Easy to drop, slip out of your fingers or off a table. Alcatel touch screen are woeful. Forever retyping.

Look amazing, and well specked. But battery issue, touchscreen and sliperyness drive you nucking futs.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Rosej
New Contributor

Hye, this has happened to me after 10 months... I took it back to the store.... it was replaced.  I have had this replacement one for for weeks and it has started doing it too.....  not happyWoman Frustrated

Top Contributors