cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor AlexKappa
New Contributor

Optus won't accept DOB for student discount

Hey everyone, I've seen this question posted a number of times in the past but the only suggested solution has been to contact Optus/YesCrowd moderators directly to resolve the issue. In quick summary, I tried to order a new mobile plan for my SIM yesterday - and apply my student discount - but it wouldn't accept my date of birth as being valid (maybe because I'm only recently 18?). In past threads I saw suggestions to just order the plan and contact support, so I suppose this question stands as both a flag for assistance and also to ask if it's possible for me to apply the student discount retroactively without help(?). Any tips would be appreciated, thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Optus won't accept DOB for student discount

Did you get your discount code from the Student Portal first? You need to have an active student email as a bare minimum.

https://offer.optus.com.au/student-hub

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
0 Kudos
Top Contributors