Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Optus website erro re: sim plan purchase

loom_ping17

So I added a 12 month plan service to my existing postpaid account thru Optus online, when I was at the point of checking out the website went through processing my order but did not complete, after a few minutes I click the back button and  done a check out the 2nd time. This time it went through. Came the next day Optus message me for a credit check and the second service was approved. Now here is the problem, the first time I checked out and had a website error actually came through, Optus approved it without me going a credit check. And the unusual part, the second service that I had done credit check was added to my existing postpaid plan account, the other service (the one with website error) was on its own account. And now Optus is trying to bill me cancellation fees for this account. I did not activate the sim card. I already cancelled the service but I don't want to pay the cancellation. Optus insist on the cancellation fees. Is ACCC my last resort?

Re: Optus website erro re: sim plan purchase

petergdownload

TIO would be much better. But before that WRITE a letter to the complaints department explaining the snafu and you'll get a good responce hopefully (or at least a complaint number to give to the TIO)

But before that try ringing Optus back again as you might get a different answer next time. I'll flag a mod who can perhaps take a look at your case behind the scenes. @Ray_YC

Peter Gillespie

loom_ping17

You mean write a letter to Optus complaints department? To whom I address my complaint?

Solution

petergdownload

Customer Relations Group
PO Box 306
SALISBURY SOUTH
SA 5106

Letters are considered official complaints and carry a little more legal significance even in this day and age. You should be contacted within 14 days and assigned a complaint number and hopefully a resolution. Probably not much need to go into great detail, just that double clicking on the website seems to have created two seperate accounts instead of the one

(I hope you've learnt your lesson that when money is involved you never hit back or keep pressing the button)

Peter Gillespie

loom_ping17

Lesson learned with a $250 price tag Smiley Sad. Thanks mate.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
154 Kudos
131 Kudos
96 Kudos
94 Kudos
77 Kudos