Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
makeitbetter
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus voicemail Call Me feature

Why does the voicemail feature Call Me, hang up on an active call, when calling you back. 

For example - you are on a call, when a second call comes through. You let that call go to voicemail and they leave a message. When the system 'calls you' the current call is terminated and the voicemail call takes over and forces phone to ring. 

Seems counterintuitive and extremely inconvenient. I have to cancel this feature until it is resolved or I can fix this issue. I don't appreciate my voicemail hanging up on clients, without my permission.  

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Casey_YC

Re: Optus voicemail Call Me feature

Hi @makeitbetter,

I get that this would be frustrating if it's cutting off your calls. 

It may be worth having the service removed and re-applied if we can. As we are unable to access accounts via this platform, It's recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible. They can check your account and ensure all settings are correct for the feature to work correctly. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos