Searching...

Mobile

Optus unable to port number from TPG

Bijan_D
You,  
I order, my new phone and sim on 09th of May. Optus has not been able to port my number successfully. I have called them at least 4 to 5 times. Each time they say, there was some problem with porting and they forwarded it to IT department and my new service will be activated in next 24hrs.

Re: Optus unable to port number from TPG

Dan_C

Sorry to hear that @Bijan_D. Are you without an active service? Has the porting process itself began? 

TPG use a mix of the Vodafone and Optus Network. For those running on the Optus Network, they're known as same carrier reports. In order to port the number, we need to attain the CID number from TPG. The port is submitted along with the CID and the carrier releases the number to Optus. 

In all other instances, we simply require your full name, DOB and the losing provider's account number. The port should go through within 4 hours (max). Did we mentioned if the order had become stuck? 

Let us know, we're happy to help out. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Bijan_D

Hi @Dan_C thank you. I called the customer service again today and they finally ported my number to optus. 

Shauna

Thanks for letting us know @Bijan_D Smiley Happy 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

xquisite_CNX

Hi All

I'm having the same issue.I ordered a new sim on the 14th of August.
First SIM was shipped to the wrong address. Not a big deal.
Optus has not been able to port my number successfully.
I've reached out to them many times.
Each time they say, there was some problem with porting and they forwarded it to IT department.
The latest the TPG has been disconnected and the wife is now left phoneless.
I apparently have to wait 3-5 days. Really?

Dan_C

Hmm, normally system issues relating to SIM activations are raised at a higher severity level with a resolution time-frame of 1-2 working days.

Do you happen to have the IT support case reference? Happy to check on this one. 

You can send that through via private message. Could you also include your full name, DOB and the mobile number you're porting in from TPG? 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

xquisite_CNX

Hi Dan 

I was not provided an IT help desk ticket 

Also at the time I was not able to increase the severity .

First attempt of activation was on the 23rd of August. Tpg Service was disconnected on the 27th and optus sim was activated on the 29th. 

I've never had this experience with porting where you get to point of being phoneless . 

Highlighted

Tris

Thanks for confirming. If you could send a PM with the details Dan suggested I can check your account notes. The case number should be there so I can try to get an update

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
82 Kudos
75 Kudos
70 Kudos
58 Kudos
44 Kudos