Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted

Optus unable to divert my mobile calls to a local number

GregV

This may sound ridiculous, and I am having trouble grasping the problem myself, but I am travvelling overseas, and due to the high cost of recieving a call on my mobile, I have asked Optus to divert all my calls to a local Sydney number (my office number).

Sadly Optus do not appear to be able to do this.

Before I left Sydney I used my mobile (Android Samsung) through Call Settings / Call Forward / Call Forward all calls to activate the divert. This failed.

I used the Optus App to place the divert, this failed.

I contacted Optus and they enabled the divert for me. This worked.

3 days later the divert dropped off and I started recieing calls.

I live chatted with Optus and the person I spoke to (Emma) said the divert would be active within 4 hours. This did not happen.

I spoke to Rahl this morning and he now advises that Optus network does not have the technology to immediately divert all calls and that the phone MUST ring first.

This is ridiculous. What modern day telecomunications network can't divert calls immediately??

My reference number is 2920313A.

Can someone with some knowledge within the Optus Network please please divert my mobile as per case 2920313A... please... Its not a big ask....

Please PM me for details on my mobile and number to divert to or check case 2920313A.

Thank you.

Greg

Re: Optus unable to divert my mobile calls to a local number

Dan_C

Hey @GregV, I've just replied back to your private message. Feel free to chat with us there. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
78 Kudos
74 Kudos
63 Kudos
55 Kudos
49 Kudos