cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Monomoni
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus tried to take my money via direct debit though I cancelled all my services

I don't know why but last Friday Optus tried to charge me $535 for unknown reason. Today I got a dishonoured statement by email and found my money bounced back but I still got deducted of $5 for this 'dishonour' when I don't even have any ongoing service under Optus anymore, my only mobile service got disconnected early March. Please help.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Optus tried to take my money via direct debit though I cancelled all my services

Based on the value I'm guessing you were on mobile phone lease and didn't return the phone after the lease.

0 Kudos
Monomoni
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Optus tried to take my money via direct debit though I cancelled all my services

No, I didn't even have any plan with mobile phone, it was just a 12 months plan and I'm pretty sure I cancelled it and the staff said no further charge.
0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey Monimoni,

We recommend chatting with us via the My Optus App by clicking this link on your mobile device. Our Messaging team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
0 Kudos