Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Plinthite
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Optus tower frequencies Ensay

Hi all, I recently bought a Blackberry 9000 (3G only -- it dates from 2008), and the Melbourne-based vendor assured me it had been tested thoroughly and definitely worked on the Optus network. But when it arrived out here (near Ensay in Vic - postcode 3895) it displayed "no service" and could only find the Telstra network. (Our other phones work fine on Optus.) According to US data, the 9000 only has 3G at 2100 and 850MHz, and does not have the 900MHz band. Could it be that it worked fine for the vendor in Melbourne on the 2100 band, and won't work out here because the Ensay tower (possibly) only provides 3G at 900MHz, and not 2100? (The fact that the phone can detect the Telstra network must be due to it being equipped for Telstra's 850MHz band.) What I really need to know is, what are the current 3G frequencies for the Ensay Optus mobile tower ?? Thanks for taking the time to wade through all this!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Aron_YC

Re: Optus tower frequencies Ensay

Hi Plinthite

You are correct, the tower in Ensay is not putting out 3G on the 2100 Mhz band. This is not uncommon with more rural areas as it's a short range band and isn't likely to be available to many people at all if it was there.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Tigers1719
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

@Plinthite 

https://www.rfnsa.com.au/3895002
Optus Tower 5375 Great Alpine Road ENSAY VIC 3895
3G 900MHz, 4G+ 700MHz, 2600MHz.

I am an Optus user.
Plinthite
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thankyou, Aron_YC! You have solved my problem brilliantly. Cheers.
0 Kudos
Plinthite
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thankyou, Tigers1719! I've been trying (unsuccessfully, until now) to find a website with that info. Great work.
Kartika

You`re welcome @Plinthite and enjoy your Sunday.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos