Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Optus sports premium not accessible

pkler

I just signed up to a new mobile plan with Optus Sports (I had one before but it expired). Now when I log on to Optus sports I still only get the basic coverage, not the premium one. I have re-set the password but it is still the same problem. Any ideas?

This after spending over 1 hour being knocked from one operator to another just to have my plan changed after having no response for over a month regarding my subscription change email they sent me! Seriously think Optus has seen a big deterioration in customer care quality.

Re: Optus sports premium not accessible

Toomey

Hey @pkler, sorry to hear of the issues with your subscription. Are you able to re-register for a premium account here → Sign Up For Optus Sport

If not, what happens after putting in your account details?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

pkler

Hi Toomey,

Thank you for your suggestion. Much appreciated, but unfortunately it does not work. I have tried and it says 'we've encountered a problem. You can also add optus sports from my account'. The issue is not that I cannot log-in into Optus Sports (which I had to do from My Account) but rather that it does not give me premium access when that is what I signed up for. To be honest I am rather reluctant to spend another hour or so on the phone being shunted around, and the live chat never seems to work either. All these seem to be relatively recent issues with Optus, from their Android app having issues to everything in general. 

So I thought I'd try the forum but it seems I have no choice but to try calling them as it is almost certainly an issue with their ordering system. Mind you, given I did not even receive an apology for being left hanging for a month I do not expect much. I suppose if I could be bothered I may make a complaint to the telecommunication ombudsman. Perhaps that may spur on some improvement in the future from Optus.

Solution

Toomey

Ah ok, definitely sounds like your profile needs checking on our end. No need to call up though, you can use the online form and the TV & Content team will check it out and get back to you asap → Report a problem with TV or Content. They'll SMS you a reference number straight away should further follow up be required.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

pkler

Thanks Toomey,

I've done that now. Hopefully that sorts things out.

Solution

pkler

That has now worked Toomey. Thanks for your help.

Dan_C

Thanks for the update @pkler

Shout out if you need a hand with anything else!

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

[ Edited ]
MegT

I also signed up to a mobile plan offering Optus Sports.  I have been trying to obtain my Optus Sports username and password so I can log into the app to no avail.  I have spent a very frustrating number of hours on various online chat and then being shunted around the Optus Sports call centre - and ultimately left on hold for over 30 mins until I finally gave up. 

If I go to the websites to register it tells me there is a problem. I even just tried to log my phone number with the fault page just suggested and it won’t recognise my number. I don’t know where to go now. Can someone please help?

pkler

I hear you! Absolutely hopeless trying to talk to anyone over the phone. But if you see the link Toomey provided on 27 Feb, that worked-I registered the complaint and THREE days later they called me. But it did work then.

MegT

Hi Pkler. I tried the link to the report a problem

page but when I put in my mobile number it responded that they couldn’t locate my details in the system. So I couldn’t progress the problem anywhere. Somehow they can bill me though!

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
81 Kudos
71 Kudos
71 Kudos
57 Kudos
44 Kudos