cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Milla
New Contributor

Optus sold my active post paid number to someone else

Hi just wanting to know if anyone has experience the same as me. Yesterday 5pm my phone stop working. Called optus technical and went to yes optus shop twice to get sim replacement. It turn out that someone else has my number now. I am still paying for the number under post paid plan. Been on the phone to optus for hours over 24 hours period but noting get done. 

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Optus sold my active post paid number to someone else

You should PM one of the moderators your DOB and various details.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Milla
New Contributor

I have done that but still not resolved. Zero care factor from optus. Been talking to cust care, billing, tech support and live chat etc. Not offering anything so I can temporary make and receive calls, no compensation optus said and in fact still charging me for the service number that is now belong to someone else. I think I have to report it the telecommunication ombudsmen.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@Milla, we haven't received a message from you. Please send us a private message with your account details (click on the URL I've linked below).

We need your full name, DOB and mobile number.

I'm just confused as to what's happened here. The Optus phone number has been given to another Optus customer or had it been ported out to a different provider?

http://yesopt.us/pmdan

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

@Milla

I would be being proactive on this (you are here). Its possible a scammer has gotten your number to get SMS verification. Its also possible its just an IT stuff up. Keep following it up anyway.

Regards

Peter Gillepsie

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

I would normally have assumed the number had been stolen by a thief, but @Milla said she was still paying for the postpaid account. She may just be mistaken. The account may be shut down, due to being ported to another provider.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@10000000000GB, my thoughts exactly.

If the number has been ported, billing would of been ceased on the day the number left Optus. 

Our frontline agent would clearly be able to see whether the number has been ported out :S 

If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Milla
New Contributor

No, not mistaken. Somehow optus allocated/sold my number to someone else on pre paid. 

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Can you send us a PM with the details @Mila.

That doesn't seem right :S 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors