Searching...

Mobile

Accepted Solution

Optus sim in a trail camera

Obedience

I have a Scouting Trail Camera that I am trying to use SMS/MMS to send it's pictures to a mobile phone. According to the camera log, it has a 'Network Timeout'. The only settings I can make on the camera are MMSC, APN, PROXY and PORT. The only other evidence I get from the camera is that it has a signal with an indication that it is strong. Can anyone help?

Optus sim in a trail cam

Obedience

What if my camera does not have all the settings as specified by the Optus help page?

Re: Optus sim in a trail cam

caaf

To what reference? Frequency, SMS/email Settings. Of course it’ll depend what you want out of it.

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. Smiley Wink
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Re: Optus sim in a trail cam

Obedience

Thank you for your response. My camera will only allow me to set the following MMS settings, MMSC, APN, MMS Proxy and Port. I am that this might not be enough to establish a connection with the Network.

Re: Optus sim in a trail camera

petergdownload

Generally seems to say leave all those blank:

• Proxy: Not set or leave blank
  • Port: Not set or leave blank
  • Username: Not set or leave blank
  • Password: Not set or leave blank
  • Server: Not set or leave blank
  • Home Page/MMSC: Not set or leave blank
  • Primary/MMS Proxy: Not set or leave blank
  • MMS Port: Not set or leave blank
  • MMS Protocol (For Android): WAP 2.0
  • MCC: 505
  • MNC: 02
  • Auth Type: PAP (or CHAP with Mac OS-X)
  • APN Type: internet or leave blank
  • Telephone Number: *99#

You could try:

• Name: Optus Yes Internet
  • APN: yesinternet

or

• Name: Connect
  • APN: connect

Peter Gillespie

Obedience

Thank you for your reply. Whilst I respect your position in the 'Yescrowd', I did specify the ONLY settings that I can control. Your suggestions I fully understand as I have tried them without success. Bottom line, I guess my camera won't wotk on the Optus network. Looks like I will have to try Telstra.

Highlighted

Davelew

Hi

You may well have tried but if in the APN settings there is an option to reset the APN.  Often this works for mobiles and resets the APN for the correct network.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Obedience

Camera does not have an APN reset option.

Solution

petergdownload

You might need to contact the camera makers and confirm this functionality is actually possible.

Peter Gillespie

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
162 Kudos
149 Kudos
121 Kudos
88 Kudos
85 Kudos