Searching...

Mobile

Optus sending msgs with link but doesn’t load ?

Rhys125

My phone got spammed with msgs from Optus and to click a link to open safari ? Like they sent 10+ within a minute and the link doesn’t load I’ll attach a screenshot. Is this someone sending virus to my phone or a hacking tool ? 

Re: Optus sending msgs with link but doesn’t load ?

[ Edited ]
Yeldarb

Optus do send messages for many things however 10 messages in a minute seems suspect unless your phone has been out of range or off. I would advise against clicking links in text messages no matter if they seem genuine or not.

Rhys125

I may have opened the link ? 

Yeldarb

Providing you don't ever override the security setting that allows software to installed from unknown sources you should be ok. Worst case scenario you have just told spammers by clicking that link that you have looked at their text and more texts may follow. It could be messages from Optus however your best not to click links in text messages or emails.

Rhys125

What setting on iPhone ? There’s no settings that’s for PC ? I only install apps from the store.

Yeldarb

You can install software outside of the Google PlayStore environment by taping one button on Android devices. iPhones are somewhat different and most likely a benefit under the same circumstances. Smiley Happy

Dan_C

Ten in a minute seems a bit over the top@Rhys125.

Can I get you to send a screenshot of the message through to → http://yesopt.us/pmdan?

I just want to make sure that it isn't a hoax SMS or some sort of phishing scam. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Rhys125

Msgd but I had no option to attach screenshot 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
143 Kudos
131 Kudos
119 Kudos
79 Kudos
72 Kudos